The Danish way of living…HYGGE (pronounced HOO-GA) is becoming popular in the USA. The key is to keep your home pure, simple and uncluttered to create a calm and peaceful living space that friends and family want to keep returning to.
If your home is for sale, here’s a list of HYGGE things to do before showing your home to potential buyers:
- Choose white or light color shades to paint rooms
- Fill your couches and beds with comfy blankets and pillows
- Let as much natural light into your home as possible and turn all the lights on
- Light candles and a fireplace if you have one
- Create a spa style bathroom by adding music, candles and a big fluffy robe. Put some fluffy warm scatter rugs on the floor
- Bring some outdoors inside with cut flowers or natural wood pieces
- Showcase beautiful pieces of wood furniture
- Bake an apple pie or some chocolate chip cookies to make your home smell inviting
Cozy, warm, inviting homes SELL. Make your home a HYGGE home!